Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Willey of a Weekend

A couple of weeks ago, we celebrated Mitch's 8th birthday at the lake, and our good friends from Abilene came to visit. It doesn't seem to matter how much time passes between visits, these kids just pick up right where they left off.
Mark willing it give it a shot since his daughter has no fear out there.
Renae, our diligent flag girl.

Mitch picked out a blank birthday cake so that we could decorate it. Notice that I have not given you any close up photos. I attempted to write Happy Birthday Mitch on it in red icing, and it was soooo bad, that Mitch was begging me to scrape it off and let Renae do it! Renae did have to out do me with her Kindergarten Teacher skills and draw on the brownies for him. Pretty sure I won't get that job again next year.



2 comments:

Renae said...

We want the close up!! I still laugh out loud thinking of you decorating that cake...PRICELESS!! Thanks for having us! We had a blast.

Sharyl said...

It is pretty classy. I will email it to you. It is much worse than I remembered. I was so proud of my work that night!