Here it is, I finally came up with something.
1. I attended Luckey High School (Catholic School) in Manhattan until it closed my Freshman year. We were then all shipped up the MHS. We called ourselves "transplants."
2. While at Luckey, I did every sport they offered, as it was a very small school. This also included Cross Country. Hated it then, still hate to run. I would then go up to K-State where they offered gymnastics. I use to perform at basketball games at half time.
3. I was a gymnast for MHS. I did the all-around, meaning all 4 events. I could barely even swing on the bars when I was a sophomore, but by my Senior year, I placed 1st at Regionals and 3rd at State on the bars! I also ran track for MHS. I used to pal around with Thomas Randolph at Track practice. Remember him? He actually went on to play professional Football for someone.
4. Played flag football for my sorotity in college. I was just a little competitive! I was the "rusher." I often received penalities for "unnecessary roughness." Come on.........it WAS Football. In the last game one year, I fell on the ground so hard that it split my fingers apart. Had to have stitches in between my first and middle fingers. The doctors had never seen anything like it.
5. While at K-State, I was all ready to try out for the ski team, but over the weekend before, I had broken my toe playing basketball in dress shoes. Come to find out today, Shelly W. was on the ski team. What a small world.
6. My first job out of college was an Assistant Manager for Target. Oh, to have a key to a Target store at the age of 25. I trained in the Topeka store, then went on to live in Salina and help to open that store. I still love that place!
7. Scott and I lived in Abilene, KS for 7 years. We moved there after we got married. He then drove to Manhattan to work, and I drove to Salina to work. Both kids were born there. Did I mention that when I took Scott to my parents house when we first met, my mom made him watch my old gymnastics videos. This is no joke!
8. I DID meet my husband in a bar. Paddy O'Quiglys in KC. His roommate at the time was someone that I had gone to grade school and H.S. with. Go figure that I met him at an Irish bar. Scott's Great Grandfather was from Cork, Ireland. There's everyone's answer about Mitch's red hair. Scott's family is full of McMahon's, etc.
9. I have had the same Best Friend for over 30+ years now. We were in opposite Kindergarten classes, but went through all of grade school and high school together. She NEVER liked any of my boyfriends until I met Scott. She was worse than my older brother about that stuff. Our husbands still don't understand how we can talk so many hours a day about nothing.
10. I am the first to admit that I am still my "Daddy's Little Girl." I don't have a honey-do list, I have a "daddy-do" list, and he always pulls through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment