While I can in no way even begin to list 10 things at one time, I should be able to piece some facts about me together as I think of them. Mary Lou Retton, my idol, my hero.........back in the day. The first American woman to win the GOLD. Oh, did I want to be just like her, hair and all. When I went to Bela Karolyi's camp in H.S., I so hoped I would get to meet her. Only got a photo of her from a distance. I did get a picture of me by her car. Remember her red corvette with the personalized tag "Mary Lou"? This is my favorite time of year, the summer Olympics. I will soon be glued to the TV once the gymnastics starts.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
My 1984 Hero
While I can in no way even begin to list 10 things at one time, I should be able to piece some facts about me together as I think of them. Mary Lou Retton, my idol, my hero.........back in the day. The first American woman to win the GOLD. Oh, did I want to be just like her, hair and all. When I went to Bela Karolyi's camp in H.S., I so hoped I would get to meet her. Only got a photo of her from a distance. I did get a picture of me by her car. Remember her red corvette with the personalized tag "Mary Lou"? This is my favorite time of year, the summer Olympics. I will soon be glued to the TV once the gymnastics starts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I didn't get to go to his camp, but did you collect enough Wheaties box tops to get a poster? We were eating Wheaties forever! Yes, I remember the car...too funny!
I had no idea that you were a gymnast! It's no wonder Scott married you....
Im totally a Mary Lou fan, I think I went to Bella's camp in 88 or 89in TX, when were you there?
Probably in 88 or 89. How funny.
Post a Comment